Wednesday, December 01, 2004

music, insomnia, taboo and train tickets

I don't have much to say to you today, but I felt the need to check in since I spent the entire afternoon in front of the computer accomplishing very little. At least I put a dent in my email correspondance. I didn't go to class today because I was too tired to get up (damn insomnia!). I am installed in the Poirier's wonderful Montmartre apartment, listening to the CDs they left for guests (which are almost too tasteful, jazz and classical). I am working my way through them sorting them by how much I like each one. I plan to reassess and determine my precise opinions about the artists. It is wonderful to have music back in my life. (Mido and JP very rarely play any.)

I have decided that music about lost love is absolutely forbidden from my ears. I've been relatively happy over the past few days except when I walk into a shop playing or a lady performs on the Metro a sad love song. It sends me into a mood. Strangely, this is relatively easy to accomplish.

We played Taboo in French class yesterday. This is some kind of stroke of genius on Sandra's part because my interest in winning far outweighs my fear of being incorrect. If I can find room in my bags I might bring one home with me, and anyone with any French language skill will be required to play once a week. We may not make any sense, but we will get used to speaking some kind of pigeon French. Unless I can get some native speakers involved (which actually shouldn't be difficult). Hmm....

Oh, in case anyone is interested in talking with me, I realized that I can receive calls from the states free of charge (to both of us!) on my mobile phone (415-290-...). I might turn it on and wait for your call when I am not sleeping (so don't worry about the time difference). Can you tell I am excited to see you guys again?

And if anyone wants my return ticket on the Eurostar (London-Paris, 12 Jan) let me know. It was cheaper than getting it one-way.

No comments: