Friday, December 17, 2004

Getting back into the swing of it....

I finally slept (just 7 hours though) and woke up not knowing where I was. This happened to me a few times in Paris, but it is a bit disconcerting in your own apartment.

I decided that if I am going to single I have to be totally gorgeous, so first thing yesterday I had my eyebrows done. (It cracked Alison up that that was the first thing I wanted to do upon arriving home.) Maybe related or maybe not, probably not, but a woman at the party last night said she thought maybe I was eastern European based on my “accent”. Strange. At the party, a few of us got excited about starting a French conversation group. So, I might have already made some new friends. Overall, I found the party a bit intimidating – everyone was so creative! For example, the hostess left a trail of origami cranes in the building hallway to help us find the right apartment.

Yesterday was devoted primarily to getting to know Nico, Laura’s new baby, who is unbelievably beautiful. When he was first born, he looked exactly like Laura (I saw from the pictures). Now, I believe he looks like me with wide, saucer brown eyes and a skinny little neck. Since Laura and I have been friends since kindergarten, there has been plenty of time for her to collect my genetic materials making it possible for her baby to look like me.

My apartment has started to smell better, although I haven’t cleaned it or anything.

No comments: