Sunday, November 23, 2008

Love Barf

I just returned from a burning man party, and while I really should go to bed, I feel compelled to share instead. I'm also eating leftover risotto from my breakfast (that's what I felt like eating!) and drinking a glass of red wine (I know you're shocked.).

Marie Lyse wasn't familiar with burning man before the party. She said everything was very in the style of "gitane". I said, "You mean like the cigarette?" I came home and looked it up -- it means female gypsy. I guess that makes sense.

We were dancing to the backdrop of a slideshow. Words came up on the screen, and KT whispered to me that she had thought they said "Love Barf" which we both thought was hilarious and appropriate.

Last night, I was out with Marie Lyse too. At the end of the night, her bike was stolen. The time we went out before that, she got a ticket for running a red light on her bike on her way home. I think I give her bad bike karma.

I also noticed that a lot of people I know have a full time job and an extra job... myself included... at least! Along those lines, I am delighted to report that this month at the gallery has turned out ok despite gloomy economic conditions. I keep showing as long as I break even. If I lost money for a year, I would probably stop doing it. But that bridge is nowhere in sight.

Tomorrow, my sister Taylor is having her vow renewal with her husband around their 10-year anniversary. (Laura and Charlie have also been together around 10 years -- was it something in the stars?) A friend asked that we all bring our "blessings" for the ceremony. I don't really know what "blessings" are; so, I did an internet search for them. Here are a few lines I liked:

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you roam.
May rain fall gently on your garden.
May you see your children's children.
May you hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.

I might also use the quote from the previous post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A friend (John L from high school) read this at our wedding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Wedding_Prayer

Kristin Tieche said...

Barf.