Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Tired but trying to catch up

I'm completely exhausted again, and I have cancelled all plans for tonight in favor of staying home. But I am so tired that I don't know what to do with myself. Watching TV makes me feel anxious. I already spent all day at the computer, but here I am again (for the feeling of getting something done). I am too tired and it’s too early to sleep. I feel anxious about all of life's possibilities. So, in Alison's words, I am self-medicating with some kir.

I bought from RIDES stacking trays for my papers. The one with things for my blog is almost too full to fit. So....

Spiderman 2
"If you have something as complicated as love inside you, it will make you sick."

This movie is about the emotional conflicts of a super hero. Of being a superhero. I love the portrayal of the city. I even started to feel like I was trying to live the life of a superhero (being so many things at once, breaking traditions and yet secretly yearning for them -- others). The movie also had an anti-technology component. And I noticed that on at least once occasion Spiderman's side was cut like Jesus'. Of course, the superhero is always a god-like figure.

Another quote from the TV: "Marriage: better to get it over with early like chicken pox." (to the tune of "Don't fence me in") But I think that's from an earlier era.

On my walking tour of Octavia Blvd the other day, they brought us to this amazing little coffee shop made out of a garage. It's hard to describe, but I took pictures. Little tables on the narrow sidewalk, a garage door, open when we saw it, potentially separating the counter from the public when they're closed. It's at 315 Linden at Gough. I didn't try the coffee.

Spring break (next week) is not a minute too soon! I just wish I had time for a break.

1 comment:

jon said...

hey! I was on that tour! I recorded it for a podcast that you can listen to here

http://bikescape.blogspot.com/2005/03/octavia-boulevard-comes-to-life.html

-jon