Thursday, March 10, 2005

My Bike

So, when I returned from my trip, I noticed some broken spokes. I thought to myself: I better get that fixed. But I rode her around, carried copious groceries on her, and generally continued the abuse which she had been accustomed to before my trip. You remember my little accident a few weeks back when my new suit got caught in the handlebars and I went over the top in the tender loin? So, I just took my bike in to have the wheels trued (by now they are quite un-true), and the bike mechanic guy said in the most amazing deadpan tone I have ever heard "your fork's bents." He gave me a pretty hard time about not having it fixed (it works just fine! The only problem is that the wheel touches my foot when I turn -- I just have to remember to move my foot out of the way.) but he finally agreed to fix the wheels (not so that it will stay that way or anything because I have waited too long...) and leave it at that. It would be $100 to fix both, and, well, the bike's not worth that much. At what point do I just buy a new one? Only time will tell....

No comments: