Saturday, February 26, 2005

a questionnaire

My friend Kalyani sent me this. But instead of forwarding it, I thought I would just post my answers here.

>Welcome to the new 2005 edition of getting to know friends and family. What you are supposed to do is copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste it onto a new e-mail that you'll send. Change All the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to a whole bunch of people including the person who sent it to you.

The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things, if you did not know them already.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 9:30. I had to be someplace at 11
2. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls, but there are lots of other options, and it certainly depends on the purpose.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Million Dollar Baby. It was OK.
4. What is your favorite TV show(s)? Six Feet Under
5. What did you have for breakfast? Two eggs fried in butter
6. What is your middle name? Carol, everyone knows that
7. What is your favorite food? Chocolate cookies, everyone knows that
8. What foods do you dislike? Really, I like almost all foods. I am not that crazy about pickles.
9. What is your favorite chip flavor? Chips? It took me a long time to figure out what you meant. I don’t eat chips. That said, I LOVE Dorritos (cool ranch, yum!).
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? I STILL can never get enough Dar Williams.
11. What kind of car do you drive? Car? Stupid question. She’s a red hybrid bicycle I bought used in 1998.
12. Favorite sandwich? I don’t really eat sandwiches, but I can think of 2, more for emotional reasons than anything else: rockfort with butter, and phili cheese stake
13. What characteristic(s) do you dislike in others? I do not like mean people, but I figure they are just under a lot of stress.
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Vacation? I travel. But for “vacation”, my favorites are Mallorca and Hawaii.
15. What color is your bathroom? White
16. Favorite brand of clothing? Ann Taylor or Nordy’s brands
17. Where would you retire to? San Francisco, the promised land
18. What is your favorite time of the day? I love the morning, but I also love to sleep through it. Either way is really special.
19. What was your most memorable moment? Too personal to share
20. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Person you expect to send it back first? Since I am not sending this out in an email, I would be really surprised if anyone wrote back.
21. What fabric detergent do you use? Some eco-friendly stuff I got at TJs
22. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night
23. Do you have any pets? Lots of houseplants, at Elizabeth’s house
24. Favorite vacation? Hawaii was cool, as was Mallorca, but I like to travel and see new places more
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with your family & friends? Ask me personally
26. You will be given a superpower, but you must choose: flight, or invisability? Flight, so I could travel independently. I wonder how many calories that would burn?
27. What generous thing have you most enjoyed doing for strangers? I love Kalyani’s answer to this, since I have never done anything like that: ”Christmas 1999 when I bought about 100 pairs of gloves for the homeless, individually wrapped them with giftwrap and bows at home, then (with Francis as driver and body guard) delivered them after midnight Christmas Eve by tiptoeing up to sleeping homeless people and tucking the wrapped gifts under their bedding (this was in SF)”

Note: I don’t think anyone learned anything about me, but let me know if I am wrong.

1 comment:

Eastcoastdweller said...

#27, although it wasn't your own activity, was absolutely beautiful.

What a wonderful thing to do.