Friday, February 04, 2005

Flowers

February was so long that it lasted into March
And found us walking a path alone, together
You stopped and pointed, and you said, "That's a crocus."
And I said, "What's a crocus?" and you said, "It's a flower."
I tried to remember, but I said, "What's a flower?"
You said, "I still love you."
-- from Dar Williams' "February"

I am so happy to report that the trees are blooming and the weather warming up. I love February in California. Spring is my favorite time of year -- I just wish I had been born in the spring. I would have made a great pisces. But alas, my birthday is during a time of death and fading light. The idea of anything ending and becoming cold makes me feel deeply sad.

But now it's springtime in California, and I just heard from Mitja that he and Elysia (his wife) are expecting a new baby in July.

No comments: