Thursday, February 17, 2005

Lectures and books

I owe you descriptions of 3 lectures I've attended over the past month or so:
The EU, sustainability, and mobility management
Transportation Worlds (multimodal transportation planning), and finally tonight
Planning in Paradise, a comparison of planning practices in Paris and San Francisco.
I paid $10 for the one tonight, and what I have learned more than anything else from these lectures is that I am pretty smart and I know a lot of stuff. I should be giving these talks.

and two books:
The Secret Life of Bees (Sue Monk Kidd, strange name, hu?)
Me Talk Pretty One Day (David Sedaris)

I have learned from experience that talking about doing things doesn't work. Thinking about doing things doesn't work. What works is doing things. But I am so tired. I have to go to work tomorrow (say it isn't so). and, well, maybe this entry is enough. Maybe it is enough to have loved onces, like some kind of Bridges of Madison County. Yeah, we all know that's a bunch of B(*&^t. I am really going to try to do it this weekend. I am also going to try to go to a Yoga class.

No comments: