Thursday, February 10, 2005

Love and other complications

My life is gearing up as my classes become difficult, I have work to support my habit of eating and paying rent, and my need for constant entertainment continues. I have been ticking things off my "to do" list, but not quite fast enough to satisfy myself. Meanwhile, I'm exhausted. My sleep patterns are improving, but my schedule keeps changing. I feel like I am always late, and I stood up my french conversation buddy last night, which breaks my heart. What ever happened to "you can only do one thing per day, and sometimes that is just brushing your teeth" (me)? Well, I have to go brush my teeth and hair before rushing off to drawing class. darn! I forgot to eat anything.

Some quotes on love:

"Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." -Zora Neale Hurston

"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within." -James Baldwin

"Love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real." -Iris Murdoch

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche.

"Love is not about losing freedom; it's about sharing freedom with a partner who's as talented a liberationist as you." -Rob Breezy's friend Sarah.

"I hunger for your sleek laugh and your hands the color of a furious harvest. I want to eat the sunbeams flaring in your beauty." -Pablo Neruda.

collected at http://freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/allsigns.html

No comments: