Sunday, January 02, 2005

Sex and the City etc.

Waterworks over hear just finished watching the end of Sex and the City. As usual, I have a few quotes and a few observations.

“They say the unexamined life is not worth living but what if the examining becomes your life. Is that living or just procrastinating? And what if all those helpful lunches and late night phone calls to friends make us all girl talk and no girl action. Is it time to stop questioning?”

“I am someone who is looking for love. Real Love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.”

“Later that day, I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring you the unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself and if you find someone to love the you you love, well, then that’s just fabulous.”

2 final points:
1) I love it that that character “Big” finally got a name (John).
2) I oppose those short boots with skirts like all the ladies are wearing in the final scene. So wrong!


“13 going on 30” is a film about what might happen if all our wishes at 13 came true and we only became conscious of it at 30. It would be much better if Jennifer Garner didn’t have to use that stupid little girl voice when uttering some of her more insipid lines. But it wasn’t intended to be a good movie, and it did make me think about my dreams at any age, and have a little more faith about what destiny has in store for me when I don’t get what I thought I wanted.

No comments: