Saturday, January 22, 2005

Heat

Overheard on Valencia today: He said to me, he said “do you wanna watch the movie at my place?” And I said “is your apartment warm?”

This reminds me of my friend Carolyn. I went to her lovely apartment in El Cerrito for dinner. She is a good cook and a charming hostess as well as being one of my favorite people in the world. Her boyfriend was away, I do not recall exactly why, and she really wanted me to sleep over, not used to being in her apartment alone. Of course, I wanted as much time with her as possible, but her heater doesn’t work and her apartment has huge beautiful windows the leak out all the heat generated by the bodies in it. The lure of my own, always too warm (in a good way), apartment was too much to resist.

Of course, now, Carolyn is in Basel Switzerland, where the buildings have heat and the windows insulation because the air is f@#king freezing there. I hope her California-girl sweaters keep her warm enough (yes, she is another native, like myself).

No comments: