Monday, January 10, 2005

film schedules and various quotes

Some things are just right. I just taped up on the fridge the film schedules for the Red Vic, the Castro, and The Balboa theaters. Mid-act, I remembered doing the same thing to the wall by my bed back in 1988 at Hampshire College – it was the schedule for the UC Theater in Berkeley, which no longer exists, and it was inspired by a desire to stay connected with the institutions of my home. I wonder if this time I will actually go to the movies.

“Both brutally precise and surprisingly romantic” (someone on NPR discussing Susan Sontag’s work)

“I think of fiction as an education of the heart.” (Susan Sontag, NPR interview)

“…while the cigarettes deftly prevent intimacy, acting as a tangible barrier between characters struggling to communicate.” (Grace Martinez, review of movie Cigarettes and Coffee, Bust Magazine, summer 04)

"The gulf war tv series" (someone else on NPR)

No comments: