Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sweetness and other disasters

Tonight, I received the invitation to my highschool sweetheart's wedding. It was hand-written and included transparent red paper and a blue feather. The envelope contained a strange penned figure on its seal.

We were together for less than 2 years, but he loved me like crazy from 1987 to about 1994. He doesn't love me like that anymore, and I'm almost OK with that. I think I have too much vinegar in my personality for him to take. Also, I think I just expect too much of him. He can't live up to it, and he doesn't want to try. I respect that about him.

As far as I know, this my first former boyfriend to get married. Maybe it does take them a decade or so to recover from a relationship with me. Maybe I'm just attracted to committment-phobes. Maybe it really is all about me -- maybe I'm afraid to commit.

Project I am the love of my own life
Step 1: what do I get from others and how can I give that to myself

No comments: