Thursday, May 03, 2007

London's Oyster Card

The shuttle was 10 minutes late this evening; so, I got to chatting with this lovely young man who recently transfered from the London office. He lives in SF without a car too! (Incidentally, he's also like 12.) Anyway, the reason I'm telling you this is because he said that when London first came out with their Oyster Card for public transit, people were so excited that they took photos of themselves with their Oyster Cards and sent them around to all their friends. How cute is that!

5 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

12 as in maturity or actual chronology?

Mom said...

too young for me to date -- that's what "12" is code for.

The subject came up bc BART has launched their EZ Rider, and I included in my weekly newsletter at work.

Kristin Tieche said...

What's an Oyster Card?

Mom said...

a pass for public transit

Mom said...

Oh, one more thing I wanted to add -- when I told him what my job is, he said "what a great job for a transit geek.... I mean, I assume you're a transit geek with a job like that...." and proceeded to tell me about his transit geek friend who works for SFist.