Thursday, November 15, 2007

Photos of today in HK

I am very tired. Too tired to write a whole thoughtful post. (I bet you're relieved!) Today, Franck (Juliette's friend from work in Paris who is now here too) and I went to the 10,000 buddhas temple (which the guidebook says actually has 13,000 buddhas). The inside of the temple is lined with little buddhas, which probably comprises the vast majority of them, but the walkways are lined with buddhas each seemingly with a different face. (I am controlling myself in the number of photos I'm posting!) The overall effect is quite impressive.

Notice the eyes in the hands coming out of the eyes

Typical China: a Renaissance pedestrian bridge (says Franck) going to monolithic apartment buildings in front of untouched hills (remind me to talk about what I have observed greenbelt-wise)

No photos of the Heritage Museum which was rather eclectic and surprising....

At this point in the day, Franck went to explore the other side of the river, and I went to find the University Art Museum. He said it was cool. The museum mostly housed ceramics, which aren't a great love of my life, but I enjoyed seeing the campus and the regional public transit system. I wanted to get a ride on the Duk Ling, a traditional Chinese junk complete with red triangular sails (Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings), but I didn't know you had to reserve in advance. So, I went home.
Sunset from the Star Ferry, untouched photo

No comments: