Thursday, November 29, 2007

Juno, the movie

I saw a pre-release screening of Juno last night at the new theater in the Westfield shopping mall that I didn't even know existed. Particular fun was the cast with the mom from Married with Children, and Jason Bateman (yum) and Michael Cera together again post-Arrested Development. (I love situation comedies involving crazy American families.) The Juno character drives the story, making it a bit more special than your average teen disaster, but I really don't like it when people give babies up for adoption esp when the teen's parents are currently raising a 5-year-old. Juno may have been quick-witted and creative (to a point of feeling mechanistic in the script), but I found it difficult to believe she had such a limited concept of family.

The afterparty was fun with free-flowing Bushmills, and... yeah... I'm going to leave it at that.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Well I thought the movie was great. (Of course I did miss the first 20 minutes =P)

Mom said...

I liked it too. I just had a few problems with it. I gave it 4 stars on netflix, for example. That said, I think Michael Cera really made the whole experience for me. The more I think about it, the more I think about him and laugh.