Monday, November 12, 2007

HK Day 6

I began the day planning to go to Macau, but there wasn't space on a ferry until 1:30. Instead, I decided to go shopping. I don't shop. OK, so, in this case I got in touch with my inner girl and bought some things. But trust me, it was a struggle.

First, I went for REAL dim sum at this crowded place with a greasy table and little old ladies pushing around steaming carts. I sat with 2 couples, and we kept stealing each other's ideas, "Oh, I want on of those" we gesticulated to the ladies. Yum.

I must have taken hundreds of photos of patterns, light, colors in the various markets. Here are a few:

I fell in love with these vegetables for sale.

The flower market near Mong Kok: here's one shot of dozens

The bird market where dozens of men fawn over their birds


This little man repairs umbrellas for a living

No comments: