Friday, November 26, 2004

More thoughts on weather

I don't want to have any profanity in my blog, but I just have one quick thing to say: THIS WEATHER IS SHIT! IF IT WOULD JUST BLOODY RAIN OR SOMETHING.... now that i got that off my chest, I will observe that we californians know that we have perfect weather, intellectually, but I don't think we really realize what a big deal that is. Laura said that the 6 months they lived in Paris it rained every single day between January and the end of June. She said it rained the day they left. I can report that Sept 1, it immediately got cold and stayed cold. This means the Parisiens, and probably all of Europe, have bad weather 10 months out of the year. And August is impossibly hot. That means 11 months of bad weather. Now, why would people stay in a place like this? Why would they build a beautiful city? I have trouble believing that it would be lack of creativity or resources given the way this city looks.

I'm tired. I sleep all the time. I can't stop crying. My life lacks meaning. And you know what? It isn't me! It is the evil dark weather. This knowledge is the only thing getting me through. This would never happen in summer. (I am wracking my brain to remember if that is true, and I really think it is. But those who know me well can feel free to correct me.) Forgive the melodrama, but this blog is, afterall, all about me.

No comments: