Friday, November 19, 2004

Beaujolais Nouveau

I'm here to tell you that the third Thursday in November is the day that the Beaujolais Nouveau is released, which means that we have all woken up this morning with splitting headaches. Considering that Thanksgiving is the forth Thursday in November, there is something about November and Thursdays. Today is also that day that J and G are moving out of their apartment, and to Hong Kong on Monday, which means that none of us really got any sleep anyway.

I had a very strange dream this morning, while trying to delay the inevitable of having to be verticle after they forced me to drink all that wine last night, that I was driving a car (enough said!). In the dream, I was suddenly conscious of being behind the wheel of a car that was stopped in the middle of the road, diagonally across a 2-lane roadway. I could bearly see outside partly because windshield was dirty and partly because the night was very dark and we must have been in the desert away from any settlement and lighting. Once I cleaned the windshield (automatically, not getting out of the car, but I had to fumble with the controls to get the wipers and spraw to come on) I saw that there was another car stopped opposite me on the roadway, facing me, also with its headlights on. It might have been the police. I was afraid I might have done something illegal before gaining this consciousness and they would arrest me. I didn't want to talk with them. So, I just sat there in the drivers seat until I woke up again (not long).

The best analysis wins a prize. I'm off to the museum.

No comments: