Thursday, April 28, 2005

Secret can opener

When I first moved into this apartment, I bought this really crappy can opener for like a dollar at one of the nearby junk shops. It worked about twice, but I persisted. Before I left for Europe last summer I threw it away. Imagine my shock when I came home to a house with no can opener. I looked far and wide for one (within the kitchen, that is) but there wasn't any can opener. I used my swiss army knife.

I don't remember who I told about this problem, but today I was looking for tongs in the drawer where a can opener should have been. I don't have any tongs. But, surprise! There was a really nice quality can opener. I don't know if one of my friends is really sneaky or the knomes did it (they haven't been doing a very good job of getting my work done!), but I can tell you with absolute certainty that I did not buy that can opener. So, well, I'll put my thank you note out on the blog and hope that whomever left me the can opener reads it. Thanks! I love the can opener, and I really needed it.

No comments: