Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The First Time

Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I trek the 5 blocks between my house and BART and attempt to board the Pittsburgh Bay Point train that leaves the 24th Street station at 8:33 AM. The problem with this system is that the train is never, ever on time. Sometimes I take a delayed Richmond train. Sometimes I wait. and wait. and wait. This morning, for the first time since I started this job in February, I arrived at the station and the right train arrived on-time. Boy howdy.

My drawing class is focusing on bones and muscles at the moment. I am very grateful that I have bones and muscles and that they work, but, to be perfectly honest, I have no interest in drawing them. I guess my subconscious took over, and I produced the absolutely ugliest drawing of bones and muscles you can imagine. My teachers great and all that, but maybe yesterday's drawing will get her off my back about the bones and muscles.

Starting Friday is dance week, and I recommend that all of my readers in the Bay Area (of which there are like, what? 3? But anyway...) check out www.bacndw.org for free dance stuff to do and see.

No comments: