Sunday, February 17, 2008

So Punk Rock


Brian, Sheila, and I went to see Steve's band, Onion-Flavored Rings, last night at Thrillhouse Records. It's a smoky basement venue with broken-concrete floor and greasy-haired kids in pegged jeans and sneakers; OFR was great and the experience profoundly authentic. Brian and I shared a couple 40s to set the mood. They collected donations at the door into a cereal box and the stage decorations were last year's xmas tree lights. I came away smiling uncontrollably, soul cleansed, and went to bed early to happy punk rock dreams. I think that makes me a freak.

2 comments:

Twig Farm said...

you look stunning and gorgeous as usual. your blog got me motivated, so here it goes...
twigfarm.blogspot.com. as you will see I'm not quite sure what to say yet, but we'll get there...
...at least that's what I say now at the beginning.
xoxo, Emily

Mom said...

Thanks for your comment, Emily. I love it that you left your note on my punk post since we used to frequent those punk shows at Hampshire back in the day.