Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

I only have a few traditions, and they aren't really traditions. They're more like how I like my tea -- personal preferences. On New Year's Day, I like to go for a walk and climb up to the top of a hill, look out, and think about my life. Geoff wanted to know what I wanted to do today, and that's what I said. But then we didn't do it. Tonight, I gave Grayson a call, and he asked if I did my New Year's Day walk. I had no idea I am such a predictable creature. (He, on the other hand, did his, but said it wasn't as beautiful as the ones we used to do.)

I asked Grayson if he made any resolutions, and he said no. Then, he noted that we've been having this same conversation every New Year's for 14 years. Boy Howdy. Time flies when you're having fun.

Referencing last year's resolutions, I note that I never ran the Bay to Breakers, built myself a website, or perfected my apartment, but I did save some money, learn how to sail a little, and put more energy into the gallery. My life perspective is much the same. So, I feel a little silly making the same resolutions again (and/or the same ones everyone else is making: exercise daily, eat healthy, lose 10 lbs...). But I will tell you something I'm starting today: a photo a day. Otherwise, I'll be barreling forward in my usual haphazardly intentional way.

3 comments:

Nigel said...

A photo a day is a challenging goal. I like it.

Mom said...

It's easy to snap a photo. I never said it had to be any good. But yes, I am a little daunted none-the-less.

Tyler said...

Today's picture was posted by "D G H"... who is that?