Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Emmy and Spork

I am not a foodie. I don't wanna be a foodie. But I do have certain food projects. I've spent some time learning to cook and eat well. I track where the fish and chips are good. Every once in a while I have a surprising food experience. If I don't blog about them, what's the point of blogging?

I went to Spork on Valencia a while back. I had something with pork, and my date something with beef and gnocchi. Both were extraordinarily yummy. I had no expectations, and my mind was blown. I was reminded to mention this as their bread roles were raved about in the SF Weekly last week.

A few weeks earlier, I had dinner at Emmy's Spaghetti Shack (Mission Street). It had never occurred to me to put chevre in pasta. I've been doing it ever since. My mouth is watering at the memory.

I think I'll head over the Lucca Deli while I'm thinking of it....

1 comment:

Kristin Tieche said...

Pasta with chevre and some sauteed greens is particularly yummy. Maybe toss in a few toasted pine nuts too.