Sunday, January 10, 2010

"My bicycle is my lover."

Bike racing does nothing for me. I'm happy for those people, because they're happy. But they can be a small obstruction in our global transformation to bringing the bicycle into the mainstream. You know, all that spandex.

This video about Jacquie Phelan paused those views. I mean, check out those pockadots, awesome tights, even the tea pot. And I liked it when she said that the bicycle is not just a personal transportation vehicle but also a personal transformation vehicle.

4 comments:

tedsfiles said...

You've made my night. I'd never heard of her. Jeez I miss SF!!

Mom said...

Thanks, Tedsfiles. Your comment made my day -- what more could a blogger ask for than to make someone's night! (I had never heard of her either.)

kmcm said...

I never heard of her either either. You made my afternoon!

Bethany said...

I hadn't seen this video. Thanks!

You might be interested to read her blog, if you haven't found it already.

http://jacquiephelan.wordpress.com/