Sunday, May 03, 2009

intentions

For Christmas, my mother gave me a book "How we choose to be happy". I was interested and read immediately the introduction, after which there was a multiple choice quiz. I took it. Then, I read the first chapter, after which there was an exercise: list your life intentions.

I've been struggling with this idea every since. What are my intentions? I've penned a couple drafts, and here's where I am:
Be sweet
Tell the truth
Use resources efficiently
Be healthy, fit and beautiful
Love completely -- and dedicate the time and effort to make love stay and grow
Have a beautiful family
Be a good friend
Indulge my creativity
Excel at everything I do, and if I can't excel, laugh
Learn constantly and keep informed about the world
Embrace the journey
Walk away from unhealthy situations

No comments: