Thursday, November 03, 2005

Doing nothing but dreaming

So I’ve got this system (why aren’t you surprised?), but the problem is that it requires that I actually DO things. I’m not wild about that. There are certain things I am supposed to do every day or week or month, and there’s this list on my bulletin board. Yeah. Well, today I have to do yoga, and honestly, I just don’t feel like it. I might go tonight, since I have carefully guarded my free time to leave tonight for myself. Unless one of you calls me up with an interesting invitation. Anyway.

I’m not doing anything. That is: I’m not working; I’m not taking any classes; I am not working on any particular projects. I wake up when I wake up and then I usually have a cup of tea. That’s about the extent of my commitments. And honestly, I’m not wild about it. My weekends are busier, as I systematically completely wear out poor Eric.

A couple nights ago, I had an interesting dream. Interesting being defined as a dream I remembered. I picked out this little brown dog (originally a chocolate lab, but later a much smaller dog). I was wild about this little dog. Then, I don’t know exactly how, I ended up with 2 goats as well. It seemed like a good idea at the time. So, I took my 3 new pets home. Eric was there and surprisingly supportive considering that he doesn’t like dogs. (I don’t know how he feels about goats, but the presumption in the dream was that he wouldn’t be excited about them.) I quickly realized that it was going to be difficult to have 2 goats in a little apartment without a yard. Eric was supportive of that decision and said he would help me take the goats back. But, for some reason, we had to take the goats out from the fire escape, and we couldn’t leave the little dog alone. 2 people, 3 pets, a ladder to climb down…. I went to carry the little dog down the fire escape, but he jumped to the ground and broke his leg (I could see from above). I wanted to get down to him and get him to a vet to set his leg, but I was still up on the fire escape and he was down below, running around with a broken leg. So, the plan was for me to carry down one goat and Eric would carry down the other. I started down the ladder, and that’s when I woke up.

No comments: