Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Exhibition Debut


My printmaking teacher informed me yesterday that this print that I submitted for consideration to be included in the Annual Juried Student Art Exhibition 2006 was accepted. The Juror is Kerri Johnson, Associate Director of the Oakland Art Gallery and Co-owner/Founder of Blank Space.
It's a dry point with aquatint background. I put the image in a really pretty silver frame that I found on the sidewalk somewhere (I don't remember -- it's been around for a while), and it looks really nice. Go check it out at the Art Department on the Ocean Campus. If I'd learned earlier, I would have invited y'all to the reception (and actually attended it myself). The show closes May 18. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mom said...

I submitted 2 drawings last year that were not accepted, indicating that getting in isn't a given.

Anonymous said...

Impressive creativity (here) and stubbornness (last post). Very proud of you!