Thursday, October 01, 2009

The evening saved.

Sometimes I want to call this blog "Chronicles of My Amazing Life"... like today for example. We were going to do some field work which would have caused me to get home by 5:30 instead of my usual 7p. But a meeting happened (that I wasn't invited to) where people realized they had made a huge error. Since the deadline was this afternoon, I was then called into a follow-up meeting and then required to do some reconciliation to account for the error. So, I took my usual bus home.

After work, I had an errand. The website of the place said it closed at 9. So, I dashed over there, arriving at 7:15 to find it closed at 7p. I nearly cried to the security guard; another customer reminded me "It's not his fault". I knew that. I just wanted the correct time on the website.

My mood was low as I rode my bike towards home. I took Hayes St., which is unusual for me, and a former grocery store was having an art gallery opening party. This is my native habitat; so, I locked my bike and sauntered in for a complimentary glass of delicious red wine. It's "joby inspired" and huge writing on the wall asked the guests to finish the sentence "I feel inspired when...". Everything was made from those flexible tri-pods including lamps, a bicycle, and a toy robot. On display were also film cameras without view lenses. I bought a book designed to "make you a better photographer" that really was just a series of cool art projects. Drunk shopping -- my part to boost the economy.

The event had a newspaper. The bios included "Derek Chen... recently returned to his first love, furniture." "Liz Kinnmark... hopes to join the circus someday." and Rich Hansen and his wife's "most ambitious project to date, daily photographs of their children." (I'm totally going to do that!) I don't know how I didn't know anyone there; these felt like my peeps.

A bicycle rally was planned for Gestalt House. I swung by since it was on my way home. Well after the starting time, the crowd was still thin ("bicycle time"). I saw two people I knew. I went over to recruit to our table another woman we recognized (she was alone) but got waylaid by a couple cute guys hitting on me. Eventually, I had to get away without the girl, but I sure was flattered.

The moon rose fast; so, I went home before turning into a werewolf. Here, I watched Chuck . Is it my nerd fettish or is he the most attractive character ever?

No comments: