Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Dating update

That was my transition to another recent thought…. I’m very “out” about being single. And I’ve been making a lot of new friends lately. This brings up some problems. For example, I get asked out by all kinds of people I thought I was just cultivated a friendship with. At first, I thought about officially closing the position to any “new applicants”, but I realized that was wimping out. When I was younger and less skilled, I might have shied from these relationships. But I realize now that the challenge is how to redirect that attraction into a relationship that works for everyone. I think the most important part may be to avoid hurting people’s feelings. I don’t know exactly how to do it, but I have seen it done, and I want to learn. Afterall, good taste is a fine basis for a friendship. ;-)

I don’t want to give you the wrong impression. Dating isn’t all bad. I like the professor (as we call him) – I’m just not sure he’s the perfect one for me. And… “I met this really cute boy sailing. I have a huge crush on him. But I’m afraid he may be too young for me. I’m not sure how I feel about it,” I told Grayson yesterday.
“It sounds like you know exactly how you feel about it. You just don’t know what to think about it,” he responded. Um, yeah.

PS from the end of the day: I, at least, got the run in….

No comments: