Monday, May 16, 2005

Incensed

You've heard me discuss in past blog entries about the outrageous shift of the Regional Rideshare Program from a local non-profit organization to a huge, multinational private engineering firm (PB) after 27 years. PB has been interviewing RIDES (the NPO) staff for employment in the new office, and I just heard some interesting news. Not only is the program costing about the same amount of your tax payer dollars to employ fewer people, but... One existing staff member said she turned down their offer because it was ridiculously low. She said she could not live on the amount of money they offered her. This is like the Wal-Mart of public projects. Talk about corporate welfare.

I think I need to sit in the corner and do my breathing for a while before my head blow off.

1 comment:

Mom said...

OK, in the spirit of fairness, I should mention that I have learned that 7 people got offers. One person said her offer was very very low. Another person, who accepted her offer, is getting a raise out of it. So, what do I know? But I am still outraged that they are employing fewer people for the same money bc Da Man needs to make a profit now.