Sunday, July 18, 2004

Finally in London

I had to be diverted from my orginal flight, SFO-MN-London, and instead fly 5 hours later via Amsterdam, which is much closer to my actual destination of Berlin, because the SFO-MN leg was delayed indefinitely it seemed.  The flight to Amsterdam finally took off, they gave us dinner, and I slept most of the way.  I think I missed some decent movies, but that's OK.  Anyway, then I flew from Amsterdam to London (backwards, as it were) and here I am. I also slept all the way on the bus between Heathrow and Stanstead.  So, I must be tired.  
 
I am at the Tilfords.  It beautiful here -- pastoral and very very English with historic tutor buildings everywhere you look.  Even their house looks historic but with gorgeous modern conveniences.  The little bed they have for me looks delicously cozy.  I can't wait to get into it!  And I feel so sad that I will have to get out or it again before dawn for my flight to Berlin. 

No comments: