Wednesday, April 29, 2009

same old same old

I've mentioned before that despite my independence, certain things are a man's job. My last 5 boyfriends were:
1) a computer science engineer
2) a network architect (of computer systems)
3) a software engineer
4) a software engineer
6) a website developer (technical, not design)
I complained to the last 3, and the 3 noticed, that my computer runs very slowly. All 3 shrugged.

Just now, I did a search of the programs occupying the largest quantity of my computer's attention. The first two were viruses. I am now trying to figure out how to remove them, but the computer is already working better. I just don't think I should have had to do this.

Brian says I've been dating the same guy over and over. It's true that they are all tall. I'm tall. That make sense. They usually also have (near) perfect eyesight, work on computers, and turn out to be psychopaths. OK, that's not wholy true. But it's close. I'm willing to try something completely different, but right now I have no desire to get seriously involved with anyone. It's a shame since I am so frigging attractive, and it's spring. What a waste.

I said:
San Franciscans are stupid.
New Yorkers are smart.
Los Angeleans are good looking.
Midwesterners are nice.

My mother said:
But we're not going to generalize.

That said, boyfriends 1 and 3 both had Macs. I know #3 thought I should be punished forever for having bought a PC. (Do you wonder why we aren't together?) But they must have both worked on PCs and could really have done the search or 2 that I just did to figure this one out.

Along these same lines, I would love to socialize tonight. The problem:
1) I don't want to leave my apartment.
2) I don't want anyone else in my apartment.
Likewise, I want to be in a loving partnership, but I don't want to forgive or compromise anything. I also want to have a lot of money, but I don't want to work. OK, that last one, at least, has played itself out. I have a job and make money.

This soup I'm eating needs a bit more love. It won't get it tonight. I will eventually try something completely different. This phase bores me. But tonight I am going to drink red wine and watch TV on the computer (sans commercials) which is most certainly the same old same old.

2 comments:

Nigel said...

If you need a change of scenery, you can always spend a weekend in NYC...

Mom said...

That is an excellent idea for the summer or fall. :-)