Monday, April 06, 2009

Profile: Thomas Valeau

When I visited Paris last summer, I was lucky enough to get an inside tour of the program. The charming Thomas Valeau was my guide, and this is his profile.

Here, he is checking out his Velib bicycle.

If a station is full or empty, you can check the computer terminal for where there is an empty station to return your Velib or a free Velib to check out. The kiosks have a map for your convenience.

As a busy professional in Paris, he can check his blackberry while riding.

Occupation: Director of public bicycles customers management
Hometown: Paris
Neighborhood: I can see the Eiffel Tower from my window. Just its top in fact, and its powerful spotlight on nights, but most of time, I only see the ring road :-(
Favorite bike: Velib, what else ?
Helmet or no helmet: Bah Never!
Describe your bike: A beautiful bicycle, gray mouse, a little bit heavy, but so chic, designed by Patrick Jouin himself, 3 gears, Shimano roller breaks, hub... A technology and design combination!
Favorite color: Blue
Describe your personal style: Depends on the situation. I am capable dressing really differently from street wears as an old teenager to top class style. Usually, my preferences are for Armani, Hugo Boss or Cardin as I'm in business suit. Good point for Cardin and it's easy to iron the shirts...!
Describe your cycling experience: I like to leave my company car at home as I need to travel throughout my city. I definitely prefer to ride because it's much faster and more relaxed than driving. Moreover I never wonder how to park my car when I travel on Velib. I discover my city differently, chatting with nice girls at traffic lights!
Favorite artist: When I run in Montsouris park, close to my home, I love listening Ashton or electrik music to stimulate myself.

No comments: