Friday, April 17, 2009

Profile: Doug Johnson

Meet Doug. I did in grad school, but we didn't get to be friends until a year later when we worked together. When he applied for that job, he addressed his cover letter "Dear Ms." (name withheld). When I called him for an interview, I asked "Do you remember studying for the Transportation Finance final at my house?"

Last fall, he attended the wedding of some mutual friends on his bike. These photos show him looking especially dapper in his sports coat and jeans.


Occupation: Transport Planner
Hometown: Oaklandish
Favorite bike ride: Fruitvale for Tacos
Helmet or no helmet: Hellmut
Describe your bike: Which one?
Describe your personal style: uh, style?
Describe your cycling experience: Started with the bmx ride to school, rediscovered at UCSB and never stopped. Now I'm involved with WOBO. Come join us!
Favorite artist: Mother Hips

No comments: