Sunday, June 24, 2007

Liberties

Last night, we met in Dolores Park. I had forgotten it was Dyke March Day; the park was a mad house. I think only Sultan was really pleased with the situation. But before long, the mob left for the march, and we settled into a pleasant picnic looking over the city's skyline.

Consistent with the day's theme, we discussed our own sexual preferences... certainly to Sultan's delight (the rest of the group was ladies). The air turned cold as it likes to along the northern Californian coast... just another beautiful day in San Francisco.

Then, we sort of accidentally went to The Liberties at Guerrero and 22nd because I wanted to try their fish and chips. They were OK. The chips had flecks of parsley on them. The cole slaw tasted of horseradish. But the fish pieces were rather small, unimpressive (I would have rathered one bigger, meatier piece rather than 3 small), and their batter coating uninspired. I did like it that the serving was not too big, and that the waiter brought us extra sauce. I like this pub for it's decor, lack of a crowd, and pleasant atmosphere.

No comments: