Friday, August 20, 2010

Grandma on a Bike

Fridays, I usually work from home. Today, I was listening to Forum on KQED radio about San Francisco's transportation systems. Several people asserted that bicycle infrastructure was only useful for people in their 20s and 30s. The MTA representative asserted that this is only because our existing bicycle infrastructure is inadequate which is a nice spin on the amo.

First of all, people in their 20s and 30s are a large portion of our City's population. Second of all, it isn't true that they're the only people biking on our streets. Towards that end, I'm posting the following photos of one of my favorite "grandmas on a bike".

What a classy lady! I love her cardigan and stripes. The sunglasses are perfect!

You may not be able to tell, but she's riding a beautiful Rivendell bike. You can tell that today's ride isn't a fluke -- she rides all the time. What good taste all around!

(She told me she got as far as the park before she realized she'd forgotten her helmet, and was now headed home to retrieve it.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She looks great! And she's not the only one.