Monday, August 24, 2009

Critical Mass: Waiting ladies

Every month, I get excited for Critical Mass. I don't necessarily want to ride in it, but I love what it represents: a free-for-all celebration of the bicycle as am important part of San Francisco's culture.

These days, nobody argues that biking is a legitimate way to get around the city. But that wasn't always the case. When I first learned about Mass, it was the the summer 3 cyclists were kill by cars on Market Street (and Lady Di was killed in a car in Paris; though unrelated, the events are linked in my mind).

It was the summer I moved across the bridge to the City where I always wanted to be. The ladies photographed in the post are just waiting for the ride to begin. But they're having fun doing it. This one is showing me her boots.

These pals are chatting away, completely unaware that they are my new Top Models.

This week, I'll release a new post of Critical Mass photographs every day until the ride.

No comments: