Thursday, December 11, 2008

Revolutionary Road

Sultan took me to see Revolutionary Road. The last movie we saw together was The Dutchess. Both are about miserable relationships. I do not believe he intends any message, but maybe someone else does. (Sultan is happily married.)

In RR, I completely empathized with all characters. The actors gave amazing performances. Even the cinematography was beautiful. I don't want to watch it again. Sultan said, "It makes you grateful for what you don't have."

I had kind of a bad day. I missed a meeting this morning bc no one told me about it and then was late to our team lunch. My mother flaked out on me by not planning her time well. My hip was stabbed by the metal gate at Mountain View transit center -- it seriously hurt!

So, I went to yoga where I realized all kinds of things including that one big thing we want from our relationships is to have someone to come home to when we've had a bad day. I think I need to study up bc I have certainly messed that up a bunch of times.

Pandora Radio fades in and out of my everyday experience. It's Patty Griffin Radio today. At this very moment, 10 Million Miles is playing. I also find Be Careful deeply moving.

No comments: