Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fish, chips and something else I forgot

Today has been interesting, surprisingly, since nothing has happened. Gosh, now I have forgotten all the things I wanted to tell you. Here's one thing: Fish and Chips.

I've had it at 2 more places I haven't told you about. Don't feel threatened! I was thinking of you the whole time.

1) The Front Porch
They do a sort of variation on the traditional fish and chips on Mondays only. It's spicy. I wasn't overwhelmed, but it wasn't bad either. The coleslaw was nice.

2) Weird Fish
We went for lunch, and I don't know if that makes a difference. My companion has shared my obsession with The Pheonix's fish and chips. They were traditional. The fish was fully-cooked, thick, and nicely flaky. The chips a bit too skinny and hip for my tastes. My companion said they were "as good" as The Pheonix (not given the option of better), but I was not sure. It remains a possibility. Follow-up may be required.

In addition, we have identified 2 places for investigation:
1) Nickies -- plan to try this Thursday
2) Woodhouse Fish Co.
So, I found those by accident, but Yelp reveals 1216 hits when you search for Fish and Chips in San Francisco. I have a lot of work to do!

No comments: