Friday, September 14, 2007

Paris Paris

I don't have much to report. On Wednesday, Audrey (who I know through Sultan) and I went to art galleries and then shopping. We both liked these paintings that looked like distorted photographs with bright colors. There was an installation in the Mexican Institute with hay on the ground and little red husk pods on sticks a few feet off the ground forming an s-shaped swarm. We liked that too.

She showed me outlet stores for et vous and Kookai clothing lines (I had found the Kookai one before), and I bought some things including a dress with little bicycles all over it. (Very exciting!) I could not find any wool tights. I wanted to replace the ones I bought when here 2 years ago but were never returned by a shameless borrower last year to whom I no longer speak.

I cooked chicken molé for the Boisseaus that night.

Yesterday, I met Jennifer, and we mostly visited and wandered around. She needed some art supplies at BHV. I was amazed at how easy she is to talk to. It was as if no time had passed; our conversation just flowed like water downhill. It didn't even matter if we were talking about loved ones, cheese or producing art. Then, she went to take her daughter from school to guitar class, and I wandered off in her posh neighborhood (the 16th). I found the merry-go-round I took that very successful photo of -- they've put a fence around it. I shot some certainly less successful photos of it.

I swang by Gare de l'Est for today's train ticket, Tina's to return her key and pick up a little towel I had left there, and then wandered rather too slowly to meet Gwen and his boyfriend Mathieu. We had a lovely café meal of salade and red wine and many good laughs.

I've been waking up in the night and sleeping late which I guess is no surprise considering the time change. If I can get myself to together in time, the plan for today is a walk to Chateau de Vincenne and then to the train to the country.

1 comment:

Kristin Tieche said...

Are you already leaving Paris? Sigh! I feel like if I can't be there, at least you are! Have you had a chance to use my map or book?