Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Top 40

I had this great idea to not work today, but alas, even the best laid plans.... I did however get a walk up to have my legs waxed (The woman recognized me by my privates!) and eat a whole bunch of pastries. Noe Valley Bakery remains my favorite, but Kalyani introduced me to Dianda's on Mission which is also pretty good. I would love to do a survey of all Bay Area bakeries, but I would need to decide on one pastry as my staple from which to judge, and I just can't commit.

Laura noticed on Sunday that I'd bought new sunglasses (after Tyler caused me to lose the original pair in the ocean in LA -- no, actually, it was totally my fault). "Coach?" she exclaimed, and then she said something about my paycheck that I will not repeat. Anyway, I need to get a tie to keep these gems on my face indefinitely; so, I popped into about 12 junk shops along Mission. No have. Maybe Walgreens?

I perused these shops to the soundtracks of my youth: "Girl just wanna have fun," etc. If I had known I would still be listening to these songs 20 years later, I would have listened to a whole lot less top 40 as a teenager. Do we still have top 40? Is new music being produced that isn't a remix or a cover? I haven't heard it in years.

OK, truth time: I bought "Since U been gone" from iTunes... and even some Shakira I ended up not liking. I've bought maybe 4 contemporary songs in the last few years, and maybe what this is all about is me not liking contemporary music anymore. Am I getting old? (Don't answer that.) I just want to be able to listen to the radio without hearing songs I first heard in my teens, but it seems like that's not an option.

I was napping a minute ago and I thought of something else I wanted to blog about but it's already gone. My sister Taylor sent me an "inspirational" little movie, and while it generally nauseated me, I did like the following quote (paraphrased): "Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart. Follow those."

No comments: