Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BikeCity USA: (sigh) Portland

I had the good fortune to spend the weekend in Portland recently. Portland is, of course, famous for its bicycle facilities. Recent celebration has been about their green Bike Boxes at intersections that let bikes go first and indicate to drivers where bikes are supposed to be.

Here, a lady in a red skirt uses the green bike lane. The bike box is on the roadway to your right of the tree.

I've been lucky enough to never eat pavement because of light rail tracks, but lots of people close to me have. My "unique" sense of humor was tickled by this poignant signage:
\
This city has no shortage of hot guys with cool bikes to admire.

Even Portland art is about bikes. I saw this sculpture at the airport!

This painting was at the Sunday Market.

... as was this quintessential Chic Cyclist:

I'm predicting dresses with boots will be even more popular this summer in our cooler summer climate areas like San Francisco. (Seems like everyone is talking about them!) We've already been observing about the hats....

No comments: