Monday, June 08, 2009

Anchorage: Bike More / Drive Less

Today, I'm writing from the far north: Anchorage, Alaska, where I can tell you with absolute certainty that people are breathing and riding their bikes.

That said, I haven't seen a while lot of Chic on two wheels here. I've seen people on bikes, and I've seen well-dressed people, but the two have not definitively come together in front of me.

The style for biking ladies seems to be skinny jeans and a cute girl T, and I don't have a problem with that.

I went to the Ocean's festival on Saturday, and coincidentally it was also the first time they were providing valet bicycle parking at the event.

The festival has a few stalls, but the main attraction was the bands. I enjoyed watching Last Train.

Of course, Alaskan beer is delicious. Everyone at the event seemed to be healthy and youthful with kids and dogs crawling around the grass, more love than you could shack a stick at, my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to say thanks for taking pics of BCA's valet booth. I was google for images, trying to get ideas on how to update our banner on our website and found this post. we are bicycleanchorage.org.