Friday, December 15, 2006

I crack myself up.

Yesterday, I rode my bike in the rain in West Oakland to pick up my greeting cards. (Likely you’ll receive one soon. If not, remind me.) It only took an hour all together, but the journey was just so gritty and wet and weird. I rode along Mandella Parkway, which has a bike lane that the cars park in and cut thru – I don’t think they’ve ever seen a bike on the road before. Meanwhile, other bicyclists don’t know how to use the road either. One helmetless woman on what looked like a Target bike loaded down with plastic shopping bags (remember the rain), swerved around the left hand lane. I didn’t have the heart to stop and explain the whole thing to her.

Once I got to SF, I got a flat. The men at Blazing Saddles lent (and gave, in the case of the patch) me their equipment and flirted with me, which was nice. Honestly, I don’t remember the last time I got a flat on one of my bikes.

So, I was late to the final printmaking class. I gave my teacher a print (which is required but also to be included in a show). He insisted on the True Love Frogs, which seems to be everyone’s favorite. (He got a pink one.) As a brief aside, I showed Matt some of my work last night and he said, “Where are the chickens?” His favorite was Girl in Chair.

Class was spent cleaning the studio, but I slipped out for a minute bc I was starving. I tried to get the counter girl at Green’s to take a credit card, but they have a $10 limit. “I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today,” I mumbled, but she didn’t hear me. So, I was just this crazy lady laughing at my own jokes that no one else can hear. I explained this to her, and she went on about how important it is to be entertained by yourself. In fact, I had trouble getting away.

I had some time to kill at Fort Mason after class ended; so, I wandered around and went to the bookstore. They had $1 book tables. I wasn’t planning on buying anything bc I’m trying to get rid of all of my stuff, but I found 2 books I wanted:
The Rules (time tested secrets for capturing the heart of Mr. Right), and
Success with the Gentle Art of Verbal Self-Defence.
Once I got the books home, I realized that, especially, they are 2 books on the same subject.

The short version: I found myself very amusing yesterday.

No comments: