Sunday, July 10, 2005

[Paris] a few additional matters

At the risk of being too too boring and driving my readers away, I woke up this morning on my own (sans alarm) at 9:30 (10:30 yesterday). I consider this a huge boon. The plan for today is to do nothing. That is, not to stray far from the apartment and to work on my presentation and other projects. One of these projects is to eat that food I bought yesterday.

Speaking of food, I forgot one very important detail of yesterday's adventures: my reunion with the nutella crepe. I bought it from a stand on the right edge of the Seine, perhaps not the most ideal vendor, but they are kind of hard to mess up as long as they are born in the right city.

The other thing exciting to me that you may wish to skip over is my irrational purchase of some wacky blue earings. They hang slightly, and have a six-petalled flower at the top, then a butterfly, and then 2 pearlescent beads. The shop girl said in her very cute accent "funky". I almost never make impulse buys, but maybe the jet lag got to me or something bc this was not only an impulse but also a style totally atypical for me. Anyway, I like them a lot.

In the meantime, I am sitting here with a lovely cup of green tea. The gray diffused light shines thru the windows only just, but I am not cold in my little sleeping outfit. My mother says that I will see her here tomorrow and that pleases me. I haven't decided what to eat for breakfast yet... too many options now.

No comments: