Thursday, August 19, 2004

[La Vienne] News

We had a lovely day today, despite 30 minutes of hail in the afternoon. Mom and I biked to a nearby town (John met us with the car; he has been very sick) and had a lovely lunch of salad, quail and mushrooms, some orange potato thing, (we refused the obligatory cheese) chocolate desert, wine and coffee. The roads over were long and straight with a fierce headwind. Cows, corn, sunflowers (dead), and grass fields defined the roads boundaries. The landscape here is rather flat in a sort of rolling hill type of way. I road back alone because 1) I try not to get in a car every day even in rural France, 2) my mother was too tired to ride any more (dizzy, made me a bit scared), and 3) the road was the hypotenuse, shorter and straighter than the way we came.

I am going to Mallorca on Monday for a week to see Juliette and the rest of the Bousseau family. The change of scenery will do me good. I don't think La Vienne has long term potential for me -- not enough going on. Or maybe I haven't sought it out enough.

For those of you keeping track, Kevin has broken up with me again, and I am not going to fight it this time.

When I left my job, I told my boss my parents needed help with their business in here. If anyone is interested, I have been working my ass of (tho it is not worth describing in these blogs). I was telling the truth (even if it was only true for a short period of time).

I have been trying to find a French language school in Paris. This has also taken up a good bit of my time.

One more short blog on Tubingen to go....

No comments: